We work hard to offer a comfortable, safe and enjoyable experience for all of our visitors. Since the whole experiential tour is conducted in complete darkness, please take note of the following advices and pay attention to the safety instructions you receive from Dialogue in the Dark staffs and tour guides.
- You can only visit the experiential tour when you are accompanied by our visually impaired guides.
- Re-entry into the exhibition is not allowed once terminated from tour.
- Whole experiential tour is conducted in complete darkness, please inform our tour guide if you feel uncomfortable, and you will be guided back to the light immediately.
- We DO NOT recommend the following people to join the tour:
- Aged under 8 and with height less than 95cm
- With heart disease or related diseases
- With Claustrophobia
- Severe mental illness / mental retardation / autism
- Feeling uncomfortable, taking medicine or alcoholic drinks before tour
Children & Pregnant
- Children aged 8-12 are advised to be accompanied by an adult. The Exhibition is not recommended for children under the age of 8 and body height under 95cm.
- Pregnant women are gently reminded not to join the tour until after delivery. While going into the complete darkness does not usually cause problems, customers at any stage of pregnancy should consult their physician prior to ticket booking.
Hearing is vitally important during the pitch black experience. We welocme hearing impaired visitors. However, they MUST follow the guidelines below:
- Completed Hearing Impaired: MUST accompany by a sign language interpretor (hand-on signing language) who has tried our exhibition tour before.
- Moderately Hearing Impaired:
- Notify Dialogue in the Dark before booking for arrangement
- Accompany by at least one adult (close friend / tutor) for the tour
Reminders before tour
- Punctuality - Arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than tour time for bathroom and safety briefing.
- Lockers - Lock all personal belongings into lockers provided.
- Small change - Visitors are advised to prepare small change for usage in the experiential tour.
- Walking canes - All visitors will be provided with a walking cane and be briefed of its usage.
All light emitting devices are prohibited to ensure every visitor attending the experiential tour to have a unique experience.
The following items are prohibited during the experiential tour and whenever possible can be stored in a locker provided for all visitors:
- Mobile Phone Usage (MUST be turned off or stored in a locker)
- Cameras, voice or video recording equipments of any kind
- Glow in the dark devices or accessories such as watches, jewelry, light up sneakers or iPods
- Electric wheelchairs (a manual wheelchair is available for use while in the Exhibition)
- Glasses will not be useful any more in the dark. DiD HK is not responsible and will not assume any liability for any damages or losses. Visitors are advised to keep their glasses in the locker.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the venue.
- Unruly behavior and profanity will not be tolerated and violators may be asked to leave the Exhibition without a refund.
- Please do not damage or remove any properties in the tour.
- Commercial photography is strictly prohibited except with prior permission. Admission to the Exhibition signifies your permission and agreement for DiD HK to take and use your photographs or images for educational and promotional purposes.
- Participants should consider their own physical and psychological suitability to enter complete darkness. Participants have to bear the risk of going in to the darkness. DiD is not responsible and will not assume liability for any dam-ages, injury, losses or otherwise that occur in the dark, whether or not the damage is caused by negligence or other-wise.
- DiD will not be responsible for any injuries or costs arisen from property damage if a visitor has not followed the rules or instructions given.
- We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a visitor already admitted to the tour to leave the exhibition without refund or compensation, for failure to comply with any of the exhibition rules, for unsafe, illegal or offen-sive behaviour, to ensure safety, security and order, or if we consider that the circumstances so require.
- For safety or unexpected circumstances, DiD reserves the right to cancel or alter the touring time of participants.