Dialogue in the Dark Tour
Play Dark, Get Fun!
An experience to see the unseen
Our Exhibition gives you an experience like no other. In this specially constructed pitch-black exhibition, visually impaired guides lead the sighted to ‘see’ the world in a unique and inspirational way.
Get ready to discover the parts of Hong Kong that you have never seen before. And give your eyes a rest as you immerse into complete darkness:
- 75 minutes exhibition tour
- 8 people per tour at maximum
- Tour available for every 15 minutes (English sessions are scheduled at specific time slot.)
- 5 different, authentic settings with their own unique texture, sound, smell and even taste
- Explore the darkness via all your sense other than vision
Our professionally trained visually-impaired tour guides will be leading you through the 75-minute tour. In the dark, your roles will be reversed – the sighted will be led by the visually impaired. We hope that through your exchanges with your tour guide, you will be able to appreciate the world without light, and learn that even without vision, the world is still a beautiful place.
The dark exhibition is a unique and unforgettable journey that brings you not only fun, but also excitement. We hope to challenge your perception towards the visually-impaired, and towards the way you use your senses in your daily life.
Monday to Sunday and public holidays: 10:30 am - 7:30 pm
Mei Foo Exhibition Centre will be closed on 14 May 2018 for regualr maintenance.
|Ticket Price||Dark Tour (Individual)||Dark Tour (Group) #||Dark Tour (Group) + 30 mins sharing session|
|Mon to Fri (except public holidays)|
|Sat, Sun and public holidays|
# Total no. of participants is or more than 16 is regarded as Group customers. Please scroll down the page for program detail and rundow.
Please refer to info above for the latest group customer ticket price as the info shown in Online Application Form might not be updated timely.
- Full time student (Local / Mainland China / Overseas) / Edlerly (Aged 60 or above) / Birthday month discount for adults / Disable people (People of Difference)
- You would be asked to show valid identification. e.g. HKID, Passport, Student Card, Registration Card for People with Disabilities etc.
Dialogue in the Dark Mei Foo Exhibition Centre: Shop 215, 2/F Nob Hill Square, 8 King Lai Path, Mei Foo, Kowloon
Online Ticket Purchasing Reminders
• Visitors who need wheelchairs are required to reserve manual wheelchair from the venue 2 days in advance. Electric wheelchairs cannot be used in the Dark Exhibition.
• Please select your language preference: English, Mandarin or Cantonese when purchasing tickets
• Upon successful purchase, you should receive 2 emails:
Please contact us at (852) 2310 0833 or email@example.com if you do not receive any emails from us or PayPal.
Group Ticketing Online Registration
Group Booking Features
If you have more than 16 participants, braille-writing workshop will be arranged before and after tours depending on time arrangement.
Sharing Session (Optional under additional payment)
After finishing the tours, a visually impaired tour guide will give participants a 30-minute sharing in the light. The tour guide will share his/her own experience in daily life, participants can also share his/her own ideas with the tour guide as well. We hope to develop participants’ empathy, exclude bias, treasure everything we have and solve problems with positive attitude through the special dark experience and unique sharing session.
Groups with 16 or above participants
Activity Duration (From arrival to end of activity)
|No. of ppl.||Without Sharing session||With Sharing session|
|16||1hr 45 mins||2hrs 15 mins|
|17-24||2 hrs||2 hrs 30 mins|
|25-32||2 hrs 15 mins||2 hrs 45 mins|
|33-40||2 hrs 30 mins||3 hrs|
Sample Rundown for 25-26 people
Ms Kitty Leung
Tel: 2891 0438 (Monday to Friday, 09:00-18:00 )
1. All visitors are encouraged to arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour time. Welcome Ambassador at front desk will give briefings to visitors before they enter the Exhibition. Late-comers will not be admitted due to the specific set up of the Dark Exhibition.
2. Due to safety reasons, the Dark Exhibition is not recommended for children under the age of 8 and women with 7-month or above pregnancy.
3. As the entire Dark Exhibition is in complete darkness, all light-emitting devices such as watches, mobile phones/blackberries, cameras, or other glow-in-the-dark ornamentations are prohibited.
4. Visitors will be provided free secure lockers to keep their personal belongings.
5. To provide visitors a comfortable and secure experience in the dark, closed-circuit televisions are in place throughout the Dark Exhibition.
6. Outside food or beverages are not allowed. However, during the Dark Experience, beverages and light snacks will be available for sale. Visitors can purchase them with cash.
7. Photography, video camera, and voice recording is not allowed inside the Dark Exhibition.
- One is issued by DiD HK Limited. It includes a confirmation reference which serves as an electronic ticket.
- Another one is issued by PayPal. It includes payment confirmation detail.
Check your "SPAM" email if you could not find the above mentioned emails.